Being a middle-aged divorcee who has stumbled into the dating world, I have come to realize that dating at this time in your life can be interesting...to say the least. Some of the things that I have experienced have literally made my left eye twitch. I have often said that I was going to to write a book of dating stories because they are just too unbelievable NOT to share. In the course of talking about this with friends, I have heard some of their dating stories and suffered 'sympathy twitching' on their behalf, thus "Dating Tourettes" was born. You are more than welcome to submit your dating stories and I will post the ones that get my left eye moving. Please send your submissions to datingtourettes@gmail.com along with your name and location. You may use a pseudo name or just a first name, if you prefer. Your date's real name will not be used as it's not the name that matters but the spasm-inducing tale.

♀♂♀♂♀♂♀♂♀ Be safe out there my middle-aged brothers and sisters and know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE! ♀♂♀♂♀♂♀♂♀

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Miss Giggles Gone Wild...


My cousin set me up on date with a woman who was a 'friend of a friend' kind of situation.

The plan was dinner and a movie. Dinner actually went very well. We had some good laughs together and great conversation. I was beginning to feel pretty good about the date and we ended up going to a late movie because we had talked so much at dinner.

Well, that all changed once we got into the theatre.

She wanted to sit in the back row. (My macho self is thinking 'fine be me - a little making out during the movie'.)

Not long after sitting down her cell phone started going off - vibrate mode is just as annoying as ringing during a movie. She started receiving several text messages and was giggling like a school girl. I can understand a few messages - might be something important - but it was several and the giggling was getting to be just as annoying as the vibrating.

A few times, I caught a glimpse of her phone screen and saw a part of the male anatomy that I really did not care to see. That's when I realized that she was sexting while on a date with me! Turns out she was 'making out' just fine in the back row without me. What a blow to the ego.

One woman in front of us turned around and shot me an evil look and I wanted to say, "Hey, it's her vibrator not mine."

I thought about sending her a few photos of my own later to show her what she was missing but decided she was just not worth it.

Kevin in North Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment